4/24/2008

Angie Wants It

She asked me when I would update my blog again. I told her I would do it tonight.

The problem is I don't have much to say.

Me: Nothing to Say

As you can plainly see, I've posted a picture. This is, of course, me. I am trying to avoid having my picture taken while I eat what appears to be salt and banana soup out of the pan with a small blue spoon.

I really have no idea what was in the pan, but this picture is from Nila's first meal of bananas. You can see some really cute pictures of the event here.

Tomorrow, we're all going on a picnic, so I'm sure we'll have pictures of that.

According to AccuWeather.com, it should be upwards of 97 degrees for our picnic which should be grrreat. Angie has already promised to "freak out about the heat all day tomorrow."

In related news, I've read that half of the city's wells have gone dry. This is bad news for the city since they're unlikely to see a single drop of rain until October. It was a dry Winter and Spring, so they're hurting for water.

I've also read that diarrhea cases are on the rise in the city. Yikes.

I think it's good that we're heading back to Ohio in 12 or so days. Not just because of the water and diarrhea, but also because I don't think Angie can stand the heat much hotter than it is right now and our house is not Summer-ready; for all of our 24 hour power, we don't have enough amps to run even a single heating/cooling unit.

I survived last summer on ceiling fans and about 8 hours of electricity at night, but I don't think it's a good idea for babies.

Like Angie.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

ha,ha,ha...this picture reminds me of the way you would look, in the morning, when you were little and getting ready for school. The only thing missing is a sock on one foot, and the other sock in your hand!!! :)

Mobea said...

Yeah, it sounds like in the best interest for Angie and Nila, that its time to come home. I'm glad. You need a break for a awhile. And real water. Be careful for the next 12 days.