But before I start, if you didn't go to cbs.com and vote for Jenelle, you cannot read on...
Joan's Class - 06/27/06 - Review and Trigger Point a go-go
Special Note: Call Ernie at 9:15
- 8:30 - Joan begins lecturing students
- 8:31 - Why do we do massage? Because Joan makes us do it, that's why?
- 8:32 - Think about taking picturses. Realize that I just wrote "picturses." Ponder likelihood of dyslexia, probably don't haev ti.
- 8:34 - Whoa! Slow down, Joan. You are moving way too fast! Haha, you said spasticity.
- 8:35 - Joan draws her own colon this time. Notably inferior to mine.
- 8:36 - OK, 8:35 was mostly bitterness. I never even saw the colon picture; Joan stood in front of it.
- 8:37 - Yikes! That colon is hideous. Whew, Joan erased it.
- 8:43 - Fascism is like Saran Wrap
- 8:44 - Dang, it is hot today.
- 8:50 - Remember to take deep breaths
- 8:51 - "When you are holding pressure on the Trigger Point..." Joan never gets to finish this statement
- 9:00-9:30 - Text message Ernie and Lucy.
Joan's Class II - 06/27/06 - Groove is in the Heart, but it's probably just referral groove.
- 10:00 - Surprise! It's Helga!
- 10:07 - Class begins
- 10:08 - Joan draws a man on the board. I think, from the looks of him, it was his colon in the first class
- 10:15 - Take more pictures
- 10:22 - Joan pulls out the Saran Wrap again
- 10:25 - Realize that Joan put an "x" on each of her drawing's butt cheeks
- 10:30 - Almost fall asleep, but then I don't
- 10:35 - This seems to be going well
- 10:38 - You always "wanna work the hips."
- 10:43 - Ernie asks a question as if he were a real student
- 10:46 - Joan puts Ernie on the message table and exposes his stomach. He is embarrassed. I take pictures.
- 11:04 - I don't know what hypertonic means
- 11:11 - We move rooms. Helga leaves
- 11:30 - Ernie and I go to the Chai Xane while Joan and the Therapists practice messaging one another
- 11:50 - Class ends
- 11:52 - Student asks for a free massage
Joan's Class - 06/28/06 - More TP Practice
- 8:24 - Joan calls the child volunteer "him" when the child is clearly a "she." Realize that the Kurds don't know the difference
- 8:25 - Joan tries to eat the child volunteer
- 8:30 - Class starts as Joan tries to massage child volunteer. "He" screams. I think about taking pics, but no one wants pictures of crying babies.
- 8:33 - Kid stops crying. I take some pictures
- 8:40 - Practice, practice, practice
- 8:41 - Mr.Muscle diagram gets passed out. Finally. After 18 weeks.
- 8:42 - Effleurage sounds like a type of plant. As in: "The effleurage around the mailbox is dry and brown. Poor effleurage.
- 8:50 - PTs begin to practice massage. I read a book.
- 9:15 - Pause in my reading to make this note
- 9:19 - Class is over. Joan is a nice teacher for letting them out early.
- 9:50 - I'm sitting in the CRC waiting room. At present no one is crying, but lady with a wicked mole walked by and gave me the evil eye. I deflect the evil eye with the "watchoo lookin' at" eye.
- 9:52 - Wonder to myself whether Joan is helping to massage children or if she's sitting out a tennis match with her grandkids...