1/21/2008

Poor Iran

I have written here before about my new neighbor, Iran. I try not to criticize, of course, but today I read something that's just too much for me to stand.

Ahmadinejad outlawed "Summer Time." Meaning he cancelled Daylight Savings Time!!! He claims that it goes against Islamic teaching.

Turns out that the Iranian Parliament understands the real world, and overturned his decision and reinstated DST. You can read the short article here.

I searched for more information on the topic so I could help you to be more informed on the situation, but I couldn't find anything. I didn't really search that hard, though. I figure it's just as good to be reactionary as it is to be knowledgeable, right? That's what the presedential primaries have taught me.

If you've been reading for a while, you know how much I love Daylight Savings Time. I am currently counting the days until we get to set out clocks forward (48 days).

I have to stop writing now. I need to look for a tool that'll let me add a DST countdown timer on the blog.

No comments: