Funny thing is that I've been getting a lot of hits on my blog from people searching for "Kurdish Food." I feel a little guilty that they'd come all this way only to be greeted by Mexican food.
So, I've decided to make it right. Here's my recipe for Kurdish rice:
- Get some rice. You can use however much you like, I don't care. It's your choice.
- Boil some water and pour it on the rice. Use enough to cover the rice.
- Let that sit for thirty minutes and then drain the water.
- Put some oil in a pan (we use corn oil out here) and fry the rice up a little in it.
- Pour in the same amount of water as your original measure of rice.
- You can add cumin as you like.
- Let the rice cook until it's done.
- Serve and enjoy.
There ya go. Guilt alleviated.