1/21/2008

Kurdish Food (Again)

Do you remember when I posted about Kurdish food a few weeks ago? If you do, then you also remember that I posted a picture of some tasty-looking tacos instead of anything Kurdish.

Funny thing is that I've been getting a lot of hits on my blog from people searching for "Kurdish Food." I feel a little guilty that they'd come all this way only to be greeted by Mexican food.

So, I've decided to make it right. Here's my recipe for Kurdish rice:

  • Get some rice. You can use however much you like, I don't care. It's your choice.
  • Boil some water and pour it on the rice. Use enough to cover the rice.
  • Let that sit for thirty minutes and then drain the water.
  • Put some oil in a pan (we use corn oil out here) and fry the rice up a little in it.
  • Pour in the same amount of water as your original measure of rice.
  • You can add cumin as you like.
  • Let the rice cook until it's done.
  • Serve and enjoy.

There ya go. Guilt alleviated.

No comments: