I feel myself pulling for Palin just to spite the mainstream media which would have me believe she's an idiot. Someone just called her resume vague, but I think words like governor and mayor are fairly clear job titles.
But that's not what this post is about. This one's about the bailout deal.
Tonight I found a few interesting facts.
The first comes from Perezhilton.com - if you are sensitive, do not click the link. Perez claims that the Senate bill includes tax breaks for Hollywood. I would think that paying a minimum of $8 for a ticket is enough.
The next few come from the New York Post. Here's a list of breaks included in the now 400+ page bill.
- Manufacturers of kids' wooden arrows - $6 million.
- Puerto Rican and Virgin Islands rum producers - $192 million.
- Wool research.
- Auto-racing tracks - $128 million.
- Corporations operating in American Samoa - $33 million.
- Small- to medium-budget film and television productions - $10 million.
- Fishermen and others whose livelihoods suffered as a result of the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill - $223 million.
- Forcing insurance companies to provide coverage for mental-health treatment equivalent to the coverage they provide for physical illness - $3.8 billion.
Here's a link to the phone numbers of the members of the House. In case you want it.
Deborah Pryce's number is 202-225-2015.