1/06/2007

Zzz...

There is a dearth of new posts among the blogs which I read. What's up?

Does everyone think they have nothing to say? I know that Cinderella J doesn't feel like writing. Am I to assume that everyone had writer's block?

It's cool if you do. I understand.

It seems like so much is going on in my life, while day-to-day everything seems the same. It's hard to write about the big things when they seem so distant and it seems silly to write about the everyday stuff.

I mean does anyone care that VH1 has been showing a mega-marathon of all seven seasons (Tyra calls them cycles) of America's Next Top Model? I doubt it. Plus, does it make me look sad if that's all I have to talk about?

A couple of days ago I read The Stranger by Albert Camus. has anyone read it? I know Kate has; she recommended it. Kate said, "It's about a French guy that kills an Arab for no reason. That's about it."

She's not really wrong, but it's really good. I tend to enjoy first-person fiction especially when the narrator is a little off. It reminded me of The Catcher in the Rye, but I found Meursault more sympathetic that Holden Caulfield - who I hated.

And I realized that it's been a long time since I read Catcher in the Rye, so maybe they are nothing alike. Who knows?

I am also reading Bowling Alone by Putnam. I remember that when I was in undergrad, that was the book. I didn't read it then because my professors talked about it so much that I felt I knew everything that was inside. It's about the decline of civic involvement in America. It's good if a little dull. I feel like a better sitizen just for reading it.

And to update: The computer is up and running. I have a trial copy of Office 2007 which I was able to download from the website (looks like the CD drive has bitten the dust). I tried to upload my contact from my PDA to Outlook and my PDA crashed.

I lost everything on it, but all of contacts had already been saved to the PalmDesktop. If you don't know what all of that means, just know that I dodged a bullet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read The Stranger. It was to represent the world view of existentialism in one of my undergrad classes. I enjoyed it. I don't know how existential I think it is.

Yes, that Cristi said...

I crashed my palm once, I think I left it too long uncharged and it wiped, but anyway. When I went to go reload everything from the computer to the palm I forgot to change my hotsync settings and the handheld overwrote the computer. And the walls came crashing down. I still dont have all the birthdays and phone numbers and addresses I used to have. gggrrrrr