11/08/2005

You Can Publish from WORD!

I’ve been thinking of keeping a list here of the books I’m reading. I read a lot of things that I enjoy but then forget. This might be a good way to keep track.

But, if I’m honest, I know that this list will likely last about a week and then I’ll stop. If that’s the case we can all pretend that this little experiment never happened.

Ok, so right now I’m reading the following:

Principles of Global Security by John D. Steinbruner
It’s a look at post-Cold War international security issues and the role of the U.S. I’m only on page 10, so I’ll have to get back to you on this one.

They Poured Fire on us From the Sky by Benson Deng, Alephonsion Deng and Benjamin Ajak
These are true stories of three Lost Boys from Sudan. I haven’t gotten to the tragedy yet, but the book seems to be very interesting.

The Qur’an: A Modern English Version
Or, as I like to call it, the NIV Qur’an. I have to be honest; this one is not an easy read. I have no idea what’s going on. I’m thinking maybe next time I’ll check out The Qur’an for Dummies. I thought that by reading it I’d gain understanding of Islam, but not so much.

Wo Bist Du? by Marc Levy
Yes, I am still reading this. It’s about a woman who travels to Honduras to do humanitarian work while her boyfriend goes to New York to study architecture. They’re French and the book is written in German.  It’s about how they both change in the absence of the other. Or at least I think it is. It just serves to drive home the point that I’ve allowed my German vocabulary to atrophy.

No comments: