7/10/2008

So, I Think I Can Dance

I feel like I owe you all an update here. It's been awhile, yes?

Here are three things I want to share. The links are in the titles. I don't know if that's clear in the formatting, so, if you like what you read, click the heading for more information.


So, You Think You Can Dance:


This is a tv show on Fox. It's like American Idol for dancing. In fact, that's probably what they said when they pitched the show.

It's in it's third or fourth season, but I never watched it before. While we were in Iraq, they showed repeats of the last season on a channel from Dubai. I watched it for the first time then because it was in English.

I really enjoyed it, so I've been watching the new season now that I'm home. It's really great.

It's hard not to be impressed by the skill these kids have. Each week they dance in a different style. This week Katie and Josh danced a Bollywood routine. It was pretty great.

Meijer Mealbox:

Angie mentioned on her blog that I have been making dinner lately. It's all thanks to the Meijer Mealbox. I was looking for a website that would let me choose recipes and then provide me with a shopping list and the mealbox does just that.

We've eaten:

Pork Satay
Minted Snow Peas
Pork Fried Rice
Easy Chicken Egg Rolls
Baja Chicken Tacos
Festive Spinach Salad
Croque Monsieur
Cabbage and Apple Slaw
Coconut-Grilled Pineapple
Chili-Lime Beef Wraps
Green Rice
beef Chimichurri
Peruvian Potatoes
Turkey Croissant Melt
Corn Salad

Most of the recipes have been very good. We've repeated the pork fried rice we like it so much. However, the beef chimichurri is made with balsamic vinegar which we all agreed made the beef taste rotten and the cabbage apple slaw tasted like boring cabbage.

You can find all of the recipes on the mealbox.

Snap. I have totally forgotten what the third thing is. I am watching Ali Lohan's interview on a David Letterman rerun. She's creepy. She looks like she's 46, but she's only 14.

Ok. That's over. I remember now.

The Restaurant List:


It's back!

You're thinking, "What's back? What is it? Where was it?"

If you have a good memory, you might remember that I started another blog to discuss new restaurants. It turns out though, that I didn't really care to discuss a restaurant before I went there.

I dragged Sis into it and, as it turns out, she didn't care either.

Well, I've made a few changes and added Angie as an author. Now, we'll be reviewing movies, books, restaurants and anything else we want. Like Oprah, we want you to live your best life ever.

Or whatever her new slogan is.

It's just in the beginning stages. Also, keep in mind that we've all been sick, so we don't have much to review.

Speaking of sick, it should be noted that Sis officially succumbed to the Nila virus, bringing Nila's infection count up to 6.

That we know of.

No comments: