3/11/2006

Self-Pics and Declining Readership

So, I'm convinced that fewer and fewer people are reading this blog. Perhaps that's because I don't update enough or perhaps it's because I don't write too much about anything. Either way, I've decided to spice things up a bit with...

...wait for it....

...wait for it...

... a self-portrait!! Yeah, that's right. I took a picture of myself and now I'm posting it on my blog. Did you ever imagine this blog could be so exciting and fresh?














For the last few days, my team went to a nearby lake, which I guess I can't call by it's real name either, so I'll call it Lake Secrecy...

Anyway, Lake Secrecy was really beautiful and it was a nice break from the daily grind of living in a foreign culture. There was no one else there really (since it was mid week and March) but us, so we could speak English all day long! It was really good.

On Wednesday, some of us took a boat ride on Lake Secrecy. Basically we flagged down a passing boat and he gave us a tour. That's how it's done here, there's no ticket kiosk on the boardwalk. In fact, there's no board walk. There are just random boaters out on the lake, but this guy obviously gave rides for a living; he had the proper boat.

It's really beautiful here. not like what you see on the news.

5 comments:

Angie said...

You still have a beard!?! Have you joined the insurgents?

Anonymous said...

Rob,

I'm still reading ....

Thanks,
Tony Maric
tonymaric@yahoo.com

Craig said...

If that doesn't get readership up I don't know what will?

Tammy said...

well worth the wait... I miss your face.
Love
Mom

Anonymous said...

Self-portrait-- very bold move! You should take some pictures of your daily cuisine and post them. It will be just like Al Roker on the road! Whatcha eating over there?

Miranda