3/28/2008

Fitna


I debated whether or not to post this video, but, in the end, I decided to. Obviously.

It's a video produced by a Dutch politician featuring what he terms "the truth about Islam." I would venture to say it's pretty inflammatory.

I am posting it because I think it's important to know what's going on in Europe and the seriousness of the issues between Islamists and Liberals in many European countries.

So, whether you agree with what the video sets forth, or are utterly offended by it I suggest that it's important for us as Americans to be aware of the dialogue - and conflict - in Europe. It has real consequences for us.

I will say, though, that if you happen live in, say, Egypt, you probably shouldn't watch it.

Also, I believe "Fitna" means chaos, but someone who knows arabic can correct me.

No comments: